The Anger and Sadness Release is for anyone who would like to deal effectively with their emotions. That would include those who feel they express too much AND those who have difficulty in expressing.
The way into awareness, relaxation and self-acceptance is through our suppressed and blocked emotions.
Dynamic Meditation lasts one hour and is in five stages. It can be done alone, and will be even more powerful if it is done with others. It is an individual experience so you should remain oblivious of others around you and keep your eyes closed throughout, preferably using a blindfold. It is best to have an empty stomach and wear loose, comfortable clothing.
“This is a meditation in which you have to be continuously alert, conscious, aware, whatsoever you do. Remain a witness. Don’t get lost. While you are breathing you can forget. You can become one with the breathing so much that you can forget the witness. But then you miss the point.
“Breathe as fast as possible, as deep as possible; bring your total energy to it but still remain a witness. Observe what is happening as if you are just a spectator, as if the whole thing is happening to somebody else, as if the whole thing is happening in the body and the consciousness is just centered and looking.
“This witnessing has to be carried in all the three steps. And when everything stops, and in the fourth step you have become completely inactive, frozen, then this alertness will come to its peak.”
Recommended to be done in the morning, this hour-long method is a powerful way to kick-start your day. It provides an outlet for tension and withheld emotions as well as being a great energy-booster! Osho
Dynamic meditation stages
- First stage is of breathing chaotically for 10 minutes. We have to breathe chaotically through the nose, concentrating always on exhalation. Its better if we blow off our nose well before the start of this meditation. We have to just put effort in exhalation. The body will take care of the inhalation on its own. The breath should move deeply into the lungs and should be as fast as we can. Breathing should be Deep, Fast and Chaotic. One should breathe, put his totality in breathing and keep on putting more and more effort, until we become the breathing. We can use our natural body movements to help us in breathing and in building up our energy. But while doing all this chaotic breathing we have to be aware all the time.
- Second stage is of 10 minutes of catharsis. If the first stage is done properly then the second stage is very spontaneous and easier. In second stage we have to express everything that needs to be thrown out. Whatever we have suppressed, whatever is hurting us, whatever is a trauma, needs to be thrown out by screaming, shouting, crying, jumping, shaking, dancing, singing, laughing, rolling down on earth, hitting with fist in air - In short we have to simply explore and throw out all the madness we are carrying inside. No need to bother about people's reaction as every one is busy in bringing our his/her mad insane world. So hold nothing, go completely mad and throw yourself around. Hold nothing back; All this madness is rubbish, so be total and no need to be a miser.
Keeping the whole body moving helps. A little acting also often helps to get started. But if the first stage is done properly, then this catharsis of emotions is natural and easier. Never allow the mind to interfere with what is happening. Be total, be whole hearted. Remember to be aware.
- Third stage is of 10 minutes. In this stage we have to raise our arms and jump up and down shouting the mantra, “Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!” as deeply as possible. Each time we land, on the flats of your feet, let this sound of Hoo hammer deep into our sex center. Put all the energy in this and exhaust yourself totally. Remember to be aware.
- Fourth stage is of 15 minutes. Dynamic meditation has a special music. Fourth stage begins with the sound of 'Stop' in the CD. When we hear this 'Stop' - Freeze wherever we are, in whatever position we find ourself. No need to arrange the body in any way. No need to come to a comfortable position. But if the hands or any body part is naturally spontaneously coming down slowly slowly, then be a witness to it. Let the hands come down on its own. At this stage we are not the body nor the mind. But we are the witness of everything that is happening in the body-mind.
A cough, a movement – anything will dissipate the energy flow and the effort will be lost. Be a witness to everything that is happening around us and we will see that alertness has come to its peak.
- Fifth stage is of 15 minute - Celebrating, Dancing. Celebrate through dance. Dance in any way you feel like, Let your body move and sway. Just dance your way and express your gratitude towards the existence. Carry this silence and bliss with you throughout the day.